Project Funding-Apply Now
Project Funding-Apply Now
Project proposals are invited under the Social, Economic & Infrastructure Windows of SAARC Development Fund (SDF)
A. Social Window
Important information for SW funding:
Proposals may include any of the following sectors: Poverty alleviation, social development focusing on education, health, human resources development, support to vulnerable/disadvantaged segments of the society, funding needs of communities, micro-enterprises, rural infrastructure development etc.
- Mode of funding will be:
a. Grant plus a capital contribution / co-founding of a minimum of 10% upto 49% (of the total budget cost) from local stakeholders / community contribution / implementing agency / respective Government;
b. Co-funding from International organizations;
c. Loans (interest free or with interest)
d. Combination of any above.
- Who may apply:
a. Governmental Organizations of Member States preferably with a commitment of co-funding / financing ;
b. Not for Profit Non-Government Organizations registered in any of the SAARC Member States having experience of working continuously for minimum of 5 years in the relevant field preferably with a commitment of co-funding / financing ;
c. International Organizations with a commitment to provide technical assistance preferably with a commitment to co finance the SDF funded projects; and
d. Private Sector Agencies registered in any of the SAARC Member States having experience of working continuously for minimum of 5 years in the relevant field with a firm commitment to co finance the SDF funded projects.
- Eligible projects:
a. Projects involving all SAARC Member States;
b. Projects involving more than two but not all SAARC Member States;
c. Projects with significant focus on poverty alleviation in any SAARC Member State having thematic linkage with more than two SAARC Member States as part of a sub-regional project.
Detailed Project Development Formats are available at SDF website:www.sdfsec.org. Brief Project Concept Notes/ Project Profiles can be sent to the Emails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. along with hard copies addressing to the CEO of the SAARC Development Fund (SDF) Secretariat at Thimphu, Bhutan.
B.Economic & Infrastructure Windows
Eligibility Criteria for financing under E &I Windows:
- The Project/Programme should directly benefit at least one more SAARC Member State. There should be convincing supportings to prove the regional connectivity and/or benefits.
- The SDF will only co-fund the Project /Programme at the initial stage. It will not be a sole lender.
- Maximum amount of loan per project USD 10 Million; Loans can be extended both in USD and local currencies of SAARC Member States
- Tenor maximum 20 years (including grace period of maximum 3 years)
Information requirements for preliminary screening at the SDF Secretariat
- Project brief with location details
- Promoters details and back ground, their experience in the similar project/s, if Company, details of Board of Directors, shareholding pattern, details of Group companies, incorporation details, Memorandum & Articles of Association of the Company, showing the objectives for which the Company is formed. If the Company is already in existence its latest audited financials.
- Project Report with detailed calculation sheets of:
- Cost of the Project and Means of Finance
- Debt : Equity expected max 75: 25
- Debt - There should be Co-funding ; SDF cannot be a sole lender at this juncture
- Profitability/Revenue projections over the period of total debt, reflecting revenue generation capabilities of the Project with assumptions including for interests on debts, preferably clearly showing the costs of debt separately in case of the SDF and for other co-funding partners;
- Cash flow statement over the debt period, clearly showing capability to repay the total debt after reasonable ploughing back;
- Projected Balance Sheets over the total Debt period. Balance Sheets should clearly indicate the projected outstanding loan positions separately for the SDF Loans and for other loans.
- Repayment Plans with calculations for Debt Service Coverage Ratio, clearly differentiating SDF loans and other loans;
- Sensitivity analysis
- Important Ratios
- Preferably all the information above should be in USD.
- SWOT Analysis of the Project
- Note on statutory clearances required and the current status
- Current status of the Project
- Marketing arrangements and a note on revenue generating capabilities
- Note on technologies being used
- Details of Co-funding partners with copies of term sheets; If not readily available, a note on prevailing rate of interest for similar projects
- Specific requirement in case of the SDF : A convincing note , preferably with document supporting on how the Project benefits at least one more SAARC Member State.
- Impact- Social, economic and environment
For more information, contact the SDF Secretariat at : 3rd Floor, BDBL Building, Norzin Lam, Thimphu 11001, Bhutan; Tel.: +975-2-321152/53; Fax : +975-2-321150/321203; Email: email@example.com; or firstname.lastname@example.org