Start Date: 01-Jan-2013 End Date:
Project Budget: $4,979,075
Total Disbursement: US $ 3,653,246.00
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- To identify and share the knowledge on post-harvest and fruit processing technologies across the SAARC countries.
- To adapt, evaluate and disseminate post-harvest, processing and value addition technologies for fruits in SAARC countries.
- To establish post-harvest infrastructure and value addition in production catchments of fruits in SAARC countries.
- To develop effective marketing linkages of processed products in SAARC countries.
- To assess the impact of adapted technological packages at project sites.
- To ensure product quality and safety in the adoption of package of technologies.
The project is implemented on Post Harvest Management and Value addition of fruits in production catchment in SAARC Countries with a view to provide appropriate post-harvest technology packages for selected fruits in production catchments to add value to fruits which will fetch more price to farmers, generate employment and enhance income in rural sector.