Start Date: 09-Jan-2013 End Date:
Project Budget: $6,298,408
Total Disbursement: US $ 2,648,712.00
Afghanistan, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
30,000 women/ household workers/ farmers will be provided with water for drinking and small scale livelihoods such as home garden cultivation, floriculture, animal husbandry, and food processing etc.
The objectives of project, inter alia, include:
- Equitable access to safe drinking / household / livelihood water;
- Ensure adequate quantity of good quality of water;
- Identify appropriate/innovative technologies for treatment, restoration and development of sustainable water resource mechanisms (including financial and social models);
- Open Defecation Free (ODF) declared in targeted areas;
- Promote hygiene and sanitation practices in schools and targeted communities;
- Capacitate Community Based Organizations (CBOs) in management of water and sanitation facilities and promotion of hygiene;
- Promote water based livelihoods and build a cadre/ cohort of women led service providers and
- Experience and knowledge sharing on good practices in SAARC countries.