Start Date: 06-Jan-2013 End Date:
Project Budget: $1,500,000
Total Disbursement: US$ 1,350,341.00
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
Up to 25 Master’s students will be enrolled annually, and 50% of places will be reserved for students from the SAARC region.
The purpose of the project at the Academic Institute of CRP - Bangladesh Health Professions Institute (BHPI, CRP) is to build the capacity of health and rehabilitation human resources for services, education, policy and research in the SAARC region through development of its capability to deliver regional, inter- professional, graduate education programmes with support from Queen’s University, Canada and York St. John’s University, United Kingdom. Ultimately, the project will contribute to the enhancement of the range and quality of basic health, disability, and rehabilitation services for the population of disabled people in Bangladesh and participating SAARC countries, and to facilitate their integration into mainstream society while supporting poverty reduction initiatives. Disability is a significant issue in South Asia and it is of utmost importance that high- quality therapists are trained and retained in the health professions to continue to develop services for disabled people.
- To build the health and rehabilitation human resources for services, education, policy and research in the SAARC region through development of capacity of the BHPI, CRP to deliver regional, inter-professional, Master's in Rehabilitation Science program with support from Queen's University, Canada and York St. John University, UK.
- To create effective, modern learning facilities providing infrastructure, renowned resource person, access for students and faculty members to electronic and library resources and current teaching and learning technologies.
- To create a cadre of leaders capable of advancing education, research and practice in the field of disability and rehabilitation in Bangladesh and participating countries of the SAARC region.•
- Expected Outcome(s)/benefits
- A sustainable MSc Program in Rehabilitation Science at BHPI-CRP, Bangladesh;
- Learning networks will be established for translating graduate research into community client-centered and evidence-based practice, both in Bangladesh and participating SAARC countries; and
- Upgraded learning and accommodation facilities for students of SAARC Member States, enhancing significantly the learning environment and quality of learning experience.