A brief profile of Dr. Sunil Motiwal, Chief Executive Officer and Board Director, SAARC Development Fund
Dr. Sunil Motiwal is the Chief Executive Officer and Board Director of the SAARC Development Fund (SDF). SDF was set up by the heads of eight SAARC Member States namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka as umbrella Funding Institution for SAARC Programs and Projects. He was the first Director, Projects, Finance, Administration and first Chief Drawing Officer of the SAARC Development Fund.
Dr. Motiwal has rich experience and proven track record of accomplishment in development sector in South Asia especially SAARC Member States. He is a strategist and business development professional of high caliber backed with more than 30 years of experience at International Level.
He was former Senior International Expert to UN-APCTT, ESCAP & UNDP, ex Vice President & COO, JVC (a Japanese MNC) Japan, ex CEO, Asia Pacific Center for Consulting & Research (Asia Pacific), former Vice President, HCL Group (an Indian MNC) India, ex Director General, IWTMA, India, Ex Director, Matrix Consulting Group Inc. USA & Global Trading Group Inc. USA, Program Director at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi, India, Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow, India and Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) Delhi University, India. Widely traveled in North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia/Pacific countries and Africa. He has successfully established strategic alliances and joint ventures with MDB, International Financial Institutions for Strategic growth of SAARC Member States. He has held the positions of Chairmanship and head of various SAARC committees in SAARC Region. He had provided dynamic leadership to various organizations of international repute.
Dr. Motiwal has a rich experience as a Head of profit center at International level and experiences in areas such as; International Business, Project & International Strategic Management, Financial Management, Corporate Management, Investment in Asia, FDI, Business Development, Strategic Alliance (PPP Model), Setting up Joint Ventures, Technology outsourcing.
Dr. Motiwal was Project Director & Chief Consultant to Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) Ministry of Industry & Commerce, Government of India for implementing Industrial Infrastructure Up-gradation Scheme (IIUS) in the states of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Uttrakand, India. He was Senior Advisor/Senior Consultant to India’s leading Public Sector Undertakings such as ONGC Ltd, NTPC, IOC, HPCL, BPCL, MMTC, STC, BHEL & MTNL for Corporate Strategic Management and Strategic Business Plan.
He has worked in collaboration with top International Financial Institutions for co-financing and strategic Project Management. He has successfully served as a Senior Advisor to Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd (A Korean MNC) Korea, Sevous Group, U.K, JVC, Japan, Sega, France, Mark International, Russia, DSIDC (Delhi Government), UPSIDC (Uttar Pradesh Government) and SIDCOL (Uttrakhand Government), India on strategic planning, infrastructure development and business development.
Dr. Motiwal is a Ph.D. in Strategic Management from Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi, India M.P.A (Master’s in Public Administration), Gold Medalist, M.B.A (Master’s in Business Administration), Post Graduate Diploma in International Business from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi, India, Post Graduate Diploma in Law & HR from Indian Law institute, New Delhi, India and he did his B.Com (Hons.) from University of Delhi. He has written some thought provoking articles and conducted research on various industrial sectors of Asia. His two books on Road Map for strategic growth of South Asia and Legal Aspects of International business are in Press.
Areas of Rich Experience & Proven Track Record of Achievements at International Level.
A. Interfacing with Eight Governments, Industry and Multilateral Institutions in SAARC Member States.
As CEO, SDF and Board Member, SAARC Development Fund successfully opened dialogue on various aspects of industry and commerce with top authorities of eight Governments of SAARC Member States, Industry, Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Trade and Investment Bodies and leading International Organisations such as the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, UN, UNDP, AIIB, EIB, NDB, AFD, MDBs and UN-ESCAP for policy formulation & implementation, technical and financial assistance for SAARC Member States.
B. International Strategic Management (Strategy formulation and Implementation)
• Strategy Formulation and action plan development for execution of Strategy
• Management of International Regional Development Fund (SAARC Development Fund) as a Chief Executive Officer(CEO), Board Director & Chief Drawing Officer.
• Interfacing and Networking with top Authorities of Eight Governments of SAARC
• Management of Profit Centre as a Head at national & International level.
• Development Advisory Services for SAARC Member States.
• Fund Mobilisation and Portfolio Management
• International, Regional Project management in SAARC Countries.
• Setting Up JV, PPP Model, Strategic Alliance and International Collaboration.
• Management of International Partnership Strategy and business development for Asian countries.
• Management Consulting at International Level
• Economic, Thematic and Work in SAARC Countries
• International Operations Management in SAARC Countries.
• Regional Cooperation in SAARC Countries.
• External Relations and Coordination for Industrial Development.
• International Business Development (Trade & Investment in Asia)
C. Financial & Project Management at International Level.
• Leadership and International Financial & Project Management in SAARC Countries.
• International Strategy/Policy Formulation for Development Sector in Asia.
• Portfolio Management, Investment, Fund raising / mobilisation and credit management.
• Financial Management of SDF Funded Projects in SAARC Countries.
• Management of Social programs, credit, investment, banking etc.
• Rich experience in dealing with financial institution of international/regional/national standing in SAARC
• Developing Technical Cooperation & Programs/Projects for cooperation in Asia
D. Legal & HRM Management
• Regional Human Resource Policies & Programs in SAARC Countries.
• Financial Management of SDF Funded Projects in SAARC Countries.
• Rich experience in HR/HRD, Legal, Compliance and Administration.
E. International Business Development
· Setting up Strategic Alliance, International Collaboration. Partnership Strategy, portfolio Management Investment, Fund raising etc.
· Strategy development and implementation
· Infrastructure development under PPP Model
· Setting up and managing profit centre as a head
· Business and functional level strategy formulation and implementation,
· Growth and diversification strategies,
· Development strategies for existing & new emerging opportunities/business based on
a) Setting up strategic partnership, strategic alliances
b) Portfolio strategy & Transfer of technology and FDI
c)Tactical investments strategies for existing and new emerging business.
d) Benchmarking strategies,
Assessing and evaluating the current business interest and their growth potential,
Evaluating the business proposals and opportunities including competition analysis,
Identification of new development sector oriented opportunities,
Setting up and managing profit centre as a head
Industry knowledge, knowledge of technology, financial acumen & strong stamina
Rich experience in management of profit centre (SBUs) as a Strategist & Head, International Strategic project management, Strategy /Policy Formulation and Implementation in International Financial Organizations, MNCs/Corporate Sector in the areas of Strategic Management & project management.